ECO-Vrindaban Board Meeting Minutes 12/16/2016
Mission Statement: ECO-Vrindaban promotes simple living, cow protection, engaging oxen, local agriculture, and above all, loving Krishna, as envisioned by Srila Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of ISKCON New Vrindaban.
Participating Directors: Anuttama, Bhima (Chair), Chaitanya Mangala, Kripamaya, Ranaka and Sri Tulasi Manjari
Participating Advisors: Jaya Krsna, Vraja
Participating Managers: Nitaicandra
Recording Secretary: Jamuna Jivani
1. ECO-V’s Cow Protection Endowment
WHEREAS: The ECO-V Board wishes to establish a board designated endowment fund for the continued support of cow protection in New Vrindaban.
RESOLVED: That ECO-Vrindaban establishes an endowed Fund to protect cows.
The endowment shall be initially funded by ECO-V with the $655K Promissory Note dated November 13th, 2015 from ISKCON New Vrindaban.
The endowment will be called the “ECO-Vrindaban Cow Protection Fund” and ECO-V may solicit donations specifically for the Fund.
Until the board decides otherwise, the Fund will grant funds only to other 501(c)(3) organizations.
The Fund will establish its own bank account at a bank of Ranaka’s choosing and the authorized signers are to be Douglas Fintel, John Sherwood and Christopher Walker. Any checks over the amount of $5,000 must be executed with two signatures.
Allocation of funds and interest income from this endowment shall be determined by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
A Special Note: The ECO-Vrindaban members acknowledge Madhava Gosh Prabhu’s significant contributions to the development of this cow care endowment. Nearly one year since his passing, fellow board members are pleased to establish this Fund in his memory.
2. January Meetings
There will be an annual board members only meeting on 1/22/17 and regular monthly meeting on 1/29/17.
3. Internal Funding Request: $2K for March 2017 T-shirts & Appreciation Plaques
WHEREAS: The ECO-V Board wishes to acknowledge the dedication of long time community members, as well as offer a token of appreciation to the INV and ECO-V staff and volunteers.
RESOLVED: The Board approves up to $2,000 as a budget for plaques and t-shirts to distribute during the March 2017 meeting weekend.
4. Ranaka’s Monthly Report
Ananda Vidya and Lalita Gopi
- Currently milking six cows and Laxmi is bagging up at Nandagram – estimated to come fresh in January.
- Producing 20 gallons of milk per day. Due to less demand for fluid milk this time of year, larger quantities butter and ghee are being produced for the Deities.
- They are very happy with barn improvements that were made over the summer: insulation, new walls, new sliding cow entrance door, and a new higher BTU heater generously donated by Vasudeva Clayton.
- During the winter, Ray’s work is mostly indoors in an effort to keep him out of the harsh weather as much as possible. He is doing remodeling work at the ghee plant, feeding and checking water fountains and lines. Also, Ray is working on an electrical upgrade at the temple barn.
- Ranaka will meet with Bhagavan and Ray next week if the weather clears for the Valley Barn well electrical upgrade project.
- Finalizing 2016 and developing 2017 operating budgets.
- He is working with attorneys to develop a sexual harassment policy for ECO-V staff.
5. Nitaicandra’s Monthly Report
- Nandagram greenhouse earthwork has been mulched.
- The greenhouse frame has been started, but was put on hold due to the cold weather.
- Materials for the Deity flower gardens have been picked up from the Amish country.
- Feed aisle at the Nandagram barn has been reinforced.
- The calves’ barn at Nandagram has been cleaned out and new bedding applied.
- The two houses at Nandagram have been winterized.
- Nitaicandra met with Bhagavan at the temple goshala to schedule Ray to finish up electrical rough work. Once finished, Bhagavan and his crew will complete the upgrade.
- Vyasasan has been asked to winterize the Bahulaban barn water system.
For regular updates, visit the ECO-Vrindaban Facebook Page: