ECO-Vrindaban Board Meeting Minutes 11/27/2016
Mission Statement: ECO-Vrindaban promotes simple living, cow protection, engaging oxen, local agriculture, and above all, loving Krishna, as envisioned by Srila Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of ISKCON New Vrindaban.
Participating Directors: Anuttama, Bhima (Chair), Chaitanya Mangala, Kripamaya, Ranaka and Sri Tulasi Manjari
Participating Advisors: Vraja
Participating Managers: Nitaicandra
Recording Secretary: Jamuna Jivani
1. Bahulaban Barn Community Center Proposal Update
Mukunda plans to consult Bhagavan for help in drafting a construction estimate.
2. Developing ECO-V’s Cow Protection Endowment
A subcommittee was formed to answer the questions needed to move forward in establishing the endowment. This subcommittee consists of Ranka, Chaitanya Mangala, Kripamaya, Nitaicandra and Vraja. Chaitanya Mangala will contact the group separately in order to schedule a meeting.
3. Improving Communication between ECO-V and INV
Nitaicandra previously reported that there had been some miscommunications between managers of the two organizations, but more recently the lines of communication have improved and things are operating more smoothly.
4. Steering Committee/Village Council Update
A Village Council was successfully elected and they made a presentation during the November meetings. The new members are Bhagavan, Gaura Bhakta, Gaura Shakti, Giridhari, Lokadrsti, Nityananda and Vrindavan.
5. November Joint Board Weekend Meetings Recap
Chaitanya Mangala reported on some of the highlights:
- The new Village Council was introduced during the “Community Dialogue.”
- H.H. Varsana Swami, Gopalasyapriya, Damodara, Pitambar and Amburish prabhus were honored with lifetime service appreciations.
- Advaita and Sudhanu cooked sweet rice over an open fire using protected dairy from New Vrindaban cows and Amburish’s classic recipe.
6. Spring 2017 Onsite Meetings
The spring meetings are scheduled to be held March 24-26, 2017.
7. Mukunda’s Monthly Report
Nitaicandra reported on Mukunda’s projects from the previous month:
- Mukunda completed a few projects on the temple barn, including building/hanging/insulating three sliding doors and insulating the upstairs door.
- He organized distribution of the “New Vrindaban” t-shirts for the on-site meetings.
- He helped oversee the election of the Village Council.
November is Mukunda’s last month working with ECO-V. The Board members expressed their appreciation for his service over the past two years. During the on-site meetings, he was given a plaque which reads, “On behalf of Srila Prabhupada and Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra, the Board of Directors of ISKCON New Vrindaban and ECO-Vrindaban humbly present this plaque to Mukunda dasa and Bhakti-lata dasi in appreciation of two years of exceptional service in the development of New Vrindaban.”
8. Nitaicandra’s Monthly Report
Nitaicandra reported on the previous month’s projects:
- The cows and oxen at Nandagram have been separated from calves for the winter
- Caitanya Bhagavata will keep the oxen in shape throughout the winter by taking them on regular walks.
- The gardens at Nandagram are composted and turned in.
- Pippilada has finished the earth work necessary for the construction of a pit greenhouse at Nandagram.
- The saved seeds have been packaged and documented.
- The tractor work at Vidya’s flower gardens is complete.
- Nitaicandra plans to build a few single ox yokes and an ox cart over the winter.
9. Fall 2017 ISKCON North American Farm Conference
The 2017 North American Farm Conference will be held at New Vrindaban the weekend before Govardhana Puja. Sri Tulasi Manjari is currently working on a list of farmers to invite, making invitations and creating a list of workshops to offer.
10. Allocation of $70K Grant to ISKCON New Vrindaban
WHEREAS: The ECO-V Board wishes to express its appreciation to INV for the negotiations Gopisa and Jaya Krsna made on behalf of ECO-V for the Williams Agreement.
RESOLVED: The ECO-V Board authorizes the following grants to ISKCON New Vrindaban: $40K for Prabhupada’s Palace kitchen remodeling and $30K for Vrindaban farm property renovations.
11. ECO-V 2017 Operating Budget
A subcommittee consisting of Bhima, Chaitanya Mangala, Nitaicandra, Ranaka and Sri Tulasi Manjari has been assembled to prepare an Operating Budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
For regular updates, visit the ECO-Vrindaban Facebook Page: